Lance has over 20 years’ experience representing clients in both personal and business matters in the federal and state courts located in the Chicago area.
Lance’s practice primarily consists of representing clients in various family law matters including divorce, child support, child custody, visitation, and prenuptial agreements.
Lance also has experience in complex commercial disputes, including claims of breach of contract, breach of warranty, breach of employment contracts, insurance coverage, commercial & residential mortgage foreclosures, bankruptcy, will contests and trust construction actions, evictions, shareholder and partner disputes. He has appeal, trial and arbitration experience in state and federal courts.
- Admitted in Illinois 1998
- Also admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh and Eleventh Circuits; the United States District Court for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois; the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Member of the Trial Bar for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois Super Lawyers 2012
- Mayer v. Hawkins, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 94524 (C.D. Ill. 2009)
- Caterpillar, Inc. v. Wilhelm, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 92620 (C.D. Ill. 2009)
- White v. Humana Health Plan, Inc., 2007 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 32263 (N.D. Ill. 2007)
- United States ex rel. Thorleif Larsen & Sons, Inc. v. United States Fidelity & Guaranty Company, 2005 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 12623 (N.D. Ind. 2005)
- Canadian Pac. Ry. Co. v. Williams-Hayward Protective Coatings, Inc., 2003 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 6518 (N.D. Ill. 2003)
- Pavement Maintenance, Inc. v. Haughey (In re Haughey), 2005 Bankr. LEXIS 2200 (Bankr. N.D. Ill. 2005) Primax Recoveries, Inc. v. Atherton, 365 Ill. App. 3d 1007, 851 N.E.2d 639 (5th Dist. 2006)
- Health Cost Controls, Inc. v. Sevilla, 365 Ill. App. 3d 795, 850 N.E.2d 851 (1st Dist. 2006)